Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I ONCE WAS LOST, BUT NOW AM FOUND - UPDATE

I was at the Prison Hospital today, next to the Specialty Clinic. At the waiting room, there was a group of prisoners hoping to see a doctor for what currently ails them or for a regular check up on their progress back to health. “Hey, Tony!” someone shouted. “Remember me?” It was Mr. B and he was smiling.

“You look good Mr. B.”. He replied, “They took me off the feeding tube a long time ago. Now I eat regular normal meals.” “You look normal and are also walking straight. Even your speech is not slurred as before. What happened?”

“I am recovered, Tony. I don’t believe I have cancer anymore.” “Looks like it. Three or four years ago, after your throat cancer operation, the doctors gave you only three to four months to live. I remember, especially when you refused any more chemo treatments immediately after your operation.”

“I am still very involved in my spirituality and say my prayers all the time.” Finally as we parted, he took both my hands and said, “It is good to see you, Tony.”

Mr. B made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home